10 Horse New Year’s Resolutions
If your horse could make a resolution for the new year what would it be? Here are just a few possibilities that I think our own horses would come up with!
- I will eat healthier and double my daily ration of apples and carrots.
- I will become an easy-keeper and eat more cookies.
- I won’t be lazy and will eat more alfalfa and grain.
- I will not kick the feed room door in — I will learn to open it properly.
- I will not bite the kind hand that feeds me, from now on I only bite empty hands not feeding me and the farrier’s butt.
- I will use my time more wisely and tear out my slow feeder which wastes too much good eating time.
- I will not beg for treats. From now on, no treats and I fake colic until you tempt me with treats.
- I will lose weight. Ha! You lose weight first who’s riding who?
- I will not eat my blanket unless it tastes good next time.
- I will share my food with the less fortunate and drip mash all over my stall walls and door for the rats to enjoy.